Wednesday, December 10, 2008

First Surgery

Kayden had her surgery this morning and did wonderfully. We now know that she doesn't have to eat at 4am even though I've been feeding her then. Kelly went to her when she woke up and he was able to quickly settle her down (since she wasn't allowed to eat after 12). She woke up early for the day just friendly as could be. During the drive to the hospital she was able to take a tiny nap in the car but woke up when the wind hit us on the walk to the hospital. She was content to crawl on the bed and play with her toys for the hour and half we had to wait. When the anesthesiologist came to get her, she went to him with no tears or worries and he carried her all the way down the hall. As soon as I got into recovery she started crying but had previously been completely content with the nurse. Everyone told me that she was so sweet (I had to agree). Once she was home, everything was completely back to normal. The only trouble we had was that she felt like she needed to make up for lost time and bother Keeley even more! Thank you for your thoughts and prayers this morning. Hopefully this will fix the problem and we won't have any more procedures done!

In her tiny hospital gown. I didn't know they had them so little!

Playing with her toys.

Talking (always talking...) to my camera.

At one point I tried to take her for a walk in the wagon. She wouldn't sit still in the seat belts and tried to stand up when I put her on the floor of it - it ended up being a short trip!


Note: The scratch under her eye is from her razor sharp nails that manage to grow every night even if cut low the day before. Her nose is sad looking because she had a bit of a run in with the fireplace. It is tough being little!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad it went well. She is so precious! I love seeing the pictures of your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know her surgery was today! Glad to see all went well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad everything with the surgery went well. The hat she had on is totally cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear that he surgery went well. I do love that little hat!

    ReplyDelete