Monday, January 9, 2012

8 months!

Sweet boy is 8 months old today.  I cannot believe how fast it is going.  Here are some highlights:

Sleep- Still taking two naps and he usually takes one really good one.  I'm just never sure if it will be the first one or the second one.  He really needs a third tiny nap but will not take it unless we are in the car or the stroller. At night he is waking up at 10, 2, and 5.  Just enough to drive me crazy.  I spent a long time talking to a lactation consultant and she confirmed my worries...he is too busy with life during the day to nurse and my body has started making more milk at night.  The last few nights he hasn't woken up as much so I'm hoping with his new found mobility he will start to get tired and switch back over to more day time nursing.

Eating -  For the most part, he is not too interested in "baby" food.  He will eat some but it is a little hit or miss so you never know when he is going to really eat.  He much prefers finger type foods and I think that as we incorporate more of those he will eat more and more during the day.  We have entered the cute "baby bird" stage though where he opens his mouth and leans toward my food if I am eating while holding him.  Adorable.

Movement - He was "slow" to get moving and I was so worried that he hadn't rolled over by 4 months.  Apparently he was only slow to get the ball rolling since he figured it out he has been super active... crawling, bear crawling, crawling with one leg up, pulling up on everything, trying to side step to cruise.  Just yesterday he has started pulling up and then letting go with one or both hands.

He talks all the time (still no "mama" though) and will mimic your sounds when you say "all done".  He can clap his hands together and loves to roll them over each other when clasped in front of him while he thinks.  He still sticks his tongue out when he is working on something.  I just look at him and no longer see baby.  We are quickly transitioning into a toddler mode.  I'm not sure how that happened so fast...

No comments:

Post a Comment