Saturday, January 21, 2012

Secret Code

There was a small decoding puzzle in a magazine that we read recently.  Keeley loved it.  While I watched Keeley work on it, I remembered making a code and sending a coded letter to my Gramma when I was in Girl Scouts.  I called my mom and told her that while actually writing a letter might be a little complicated, the girls might like to do some code work with her.  Mom brought some stamps the next time she came up so the girls could work on their coding with her!
Checking out the code key with Oma as they write their message.
Starting to stamp.
This is a close up of the "code".  The stamp set was perfect because there were all the letters and then symbols that started with the letter






The girls wrote a message to me and to Kelly (I love you).  After Oma left, we wrote a message for her to figure out next time she came up.  I had to stop the girls because the message became so long.  This is what they stamped out for her "We love you, Oma.  We made a code for you.  It is just for you.  You can share it with Star and Grossmama if you want to."  It took a LONG time for us to make the note!!


No comments:

Post a Comment