Wednesday, January 25, 2012

We have a reader!

In a random conversation with a mom from the girls' school I learned that the books they use to start the kids reading are the BOB books.  She mentioned they use the books and that she has downloaded some for her ipad or phone or kindle or something.  Clearly that technology is beyond me but I did order them on Amazon.  Real books.  The ones you hold in your hand.  Anyway, we got them yesterday.  Keeley saw them and immediately said, "We have those books at school but I can't read them yet."  I told her I thought she could probably read them with Dad's help and she did.  She read the first two last night to Kelly before bed.  She came home today from school and proudly announced, "MOM!!!  I'm on on books now at school!!!!"  And then came home to read the first 4 of the series to me.  She is so proud of herself.  Kayden will not be far behind.  She was finishing a lot of the sentences before Keeley.  Don't tell her she is a year younger, she will definitely set out to prove you wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment