Friday, June 20, 2008

Feeding time!

Mom came over the other day so that Kelly and I could have a little bit of a date. This required Kayden to take a bottle so we could actually be kidless for a few hours. When Mom got here in the afternoon (to relieve me...thanks Mom!), we decided to see if she would take a bottle so that I could leave her later without worrying about it. Keeley, of course, needed to help. I'm so proud of Kayden, she took the bottle with me in the room talking to Mom and with all her sister's "help". Here are some of the action shots.

Helping Oma hold the bottle.

Bringing Kayden her pacifier "ba".
Drinking her milk while Kayden takes the bottle from Oma.

Feeding Kayden by herself. Moments later she was taking it away from Kayden....

And the best one! Of course Kayden needs a cold, wet wash cloth on her face while she drinks her milk. Keeley went to the bath tub just to get this and was very deliberate about its position.

I know we aren't even a month into this yet, but Keeley really is doing surprisingly well. Kayden seems to be helped by the reflux medicine. So much so that she even slept 8 hours last night - in a row and quietly! No, I'm not going to count on that every day. However, it was nice and a very needed by everyone. I know I'm technically not supposed to let her go that long yet (the pedi recommended 5-6 hours) but I figured I have more than enough milk so it isn't going to hurt that and she has more than enough chubs right now. Look at those chins!!
When I took her to the doctor on Monday (two days before she turned 3 weeks old) she had already gained 2 pounds. Her weight chart went straight up instead of having a curve to it! Our girls like to eat when they are little. Apparently, that goes away as soon as they start moving though because Keeley eats like a bird now! Kayden is also very much a cuddle bug still.

No comments:

Post a Comment