Thursday, June 12, 2008

Land of the Living

This morning the only person that wanted to nap in my house was me. I decided that, instead of deal with Keeley being clingy while I nursed Kayden non-stop (we are going through a growth spurt), I would try to take Keeley to Little Gym. I figured that the worst thing that could happen is that I decide it was too hard to have two little ones with me and I could leave early.We very quickly got ready and out the door and managed to get there just as everyone was walking into class. Keeley went off to explore (she rarely sits with me on the rainbow mat anymore) and Kayden slept in the Moby Wrap * for the entire class. Class went great. There were some things that I couldn't do with Kayden in the sling but, fortunately, Keeley wasn't interested in doing them either so that was okay.

I feel like I'm now officially ready to say that we have entered the land of the living. I've survived two outings with both girls by myself and both went well. I'm not planning any long outings (like grocery shopping...) but I am encouraged by how well things are going.

* The Moby Wrap is BY FAR the BEST investment we've made since having children. It was the only thing that seemed to work on a somewhat regular basis to calm Keeley down for the months she cried. Keeley enjoyed our cruise to Alaska in the wrap. Toward the end of my pregnancy, Keeley enjoyed some afternoons on my hip in the wrap. Kayden spends much of her days in the wrap now because that way I can have both girls with me instead of Kayden in her crib or lounger while I play with Keeley. I would HIGHLY recommend that every new mom have one!

1 comment:

  1. The Little Gym with both girls at just 2 weeks-way to go Kerri! That gives me encouragement for our upcoming addition to the family! Also, I have to second Kerri's opinion of the Moby wrap. I highly recommend it as well-and don't be overwhelemed by all the material. Once you learn it, it is easy and you will love it!

    ReplyDelete