Wednesday, June 11, 2008

First Outing

Kayden's first doctor's visit went well. She only got mad when the doctor tried to poke on her tummy when she was hungry. After I fed her a little, she took the tummy pressing much better. The main goal of today was to make sure she gained back her birth weight. She weighed 8 lb 7 oz at birth and was down to 7 lb 10 oz when she was discharged (totally normal).

Today, two weeks from her birth, she weighed in at 9 lb 8 oz. Apparently all her super short feedings are working because that is a great weight gain! Birth weight plus one ounce!

Here are her stats:

9 lb 8 oz (84%)
21 inches (74%)

She is still smaller than Keeley was at this age, but very healthy.

The appointment was quite an experience as my first outing with both the girls. I feel extremely powerful and competent now that I have learned how much I can really do. I can carry two babies, nurse Kayden and feed Keeley...

All went well at the appointment but I will say that it will not be a frequent occurrence that I take both girls out - at least not for scheduled things. I feel like it took 30 minutes to get both diapers changed and get everyone loaded in the car and then 30 minutes to get out of the car and into the doctor's office! That's a lot of time and we didn't even have any blow outs or complications to delay our visit. We'll see how the next outing goes. I think I might try to take them to the bank....I can't stay home all the time or I will go crazy!!

1 comment:

  1. Be Brave and Get Out There! YOu will go crazy! I don't want a crazy cousin! :)
    aim

    ReplyDelete