Sunday, November 2, 2008

All Saints Day

Today Daddy was recognized at All Saints Day at my home church. This is another one of the things that is just surreal to me as I process through the grief. While I know that he is gone, it is still hard to really wrap my mind around it. The service also ushered in the beginning of the first holiday season without Daddy. Fortunately, we have two adorable little girls that are the perfect age to begin new family traditions. Hopefully this will aide us in surviving this tough season.

It was important to me that we be at the service with Mom. Kelly, the girls, and I all met Mom at the first service. The recognition was at the beginning of the service which I thought was great. Keeley barely made it through the first 10 minutes. As soon as we had stood to remember Daddy, Kelly took her out. Unfortunately, Keeley is just too busy to sit still during a church service. Kayden, on the other hand, made it almost the end of the service. She was in awe of all the people, the stained glass, the music...it was so cute to watch her look all around with wide eyes. Babies have such a sense of wonder about the world.

After the service, we were sitting at the back waiting for Mom come out. Several people told me that I couldn't bring her back because they didn't pay any attention to the service. How could they when this cute face was staring at them?





3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful legacy for your Dad. I know your mom was so thankful to have all of you there for it. Your girls are just precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! I wouldn't be paying attention either. :) What a wonderful way to honor your dad. I'm sure he's just tickled pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about you during our All Saints service. I'm so glad your mom has you and your angels so near!

    ReplyDelete