Saturday, November 1, 2008

Memurs

About a week ago I made a mistake and asked Keeley if she wanted to look at monkeys with me on the computer. That may sound a bit random. Keeley really likes monkeys and I wanted to research the Dallas World Aquarium to see about taking her. I figured they would have pictures of monkeys and she would let me get my research done.

They did have pictures and I was able to complete my short bit of research. The problem was then that Keeley was addicted to seeing the "monk". She kept asking for more. Every time she saw me at the computer she would ask to see "monk". I eventually got tired of the few pictures posted on the Dallas World Aquarium site and began scouring the web for a bigger selection. I stumbled across the National Geographic site for kids and we enjoyed the chimps, howler monkeys, and orangutans.

Although Keeley was thoroughly entertained, I became bored once again...

This prompted me to make an even bigger mistake. I asked Keeley if she would like to look at the ring tailed lemurs. She has liked lemurs ever since our trip to Sharkarosa Ranch. She was fascinated there and also when we saw them at the Heard Museum. This fascination pales in comparison to her new fascination with them on the computer. We have watched this video at least a hundred times this week. We watch it over and over again. Every time she wakes up or gets bored, she says "memurs, memurs" and heads to the computer room.

1 comment:

  1. HA! It could be worse...my obsession was 'Annie' when I was little. Yicks! You should try watching Zaboomafoo on PBS. It's 'hosted' by a lemur (and two really cute brothers) and is all about different animals.

    ReplyDelete