Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Kendall and Mom, I'm sorry

I was a challenging kiddo in a lot of the same ways my little ones are proving to be. I was also very interested in my little brother in a lot of the same ways that Keeley shows her interest in Kayden. To both of you, I'm sorry. I am certainly getting what I deserve now.

Kayden is very busy lately. She took a super short nap this morning and, when she woke up, spent about 30 minutes playing with the turtle on her crib rail. It then took an hour to get her down for her second nap. About 20 minutes after I finally got Kayden down, Keeley woke up from her nap (WAY too early) crying. This quickly woke up Kayden.

This left me counting the minutes for the day to be over because I had two very tired kiddos (and a total of 20 minutes of time to myself...). I finally talked Kayden into another nap about 10 minutes to 3. Keeley was playing and reading quietly in her crib. After a few minutes, Keeley decided she didn't want to rest. I practically ran in there to get her up so that she didn't wake Kayden. Keeley and I went in to my room when I noticed that she had a snuck a pacifier. I asked her to go put it back in her crib and I ran to the restroom. No more than 45 seconds later I hear "HIIYEEEEEEEE!!!!"

Keeley had put her pacifier in her crib and then decided to open Kayden's door, climb into her crib, and sit on top of her. I walk into Kayden's dark room and look into her sweet little face which is looking at me quite confused. Life's rough as a second sibling!

When I called my mom to vent, she said that I wasn't much older when I started doing that with Kendall (by biting his toes) and then telling her with a shrug "he woke up". I'm so, so sorry to you both!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment