Friday, November 21, 2008

Sick babies

Both my babies have been sick for a little while now. Keeley has been fighting a sinus infection for a month. She already had one round of antibiotics that didn't seem to help. A few days after she finished them, I still thought something was off so I called the doctor to get her on some new ones. The new medicine started working right away. Kayden is fighting a cold. Cold are annoying at anytime but are especially hard on little people that can't blow their noses and like pacifiers, bottles, and nursing - all of those things are hard to do with a stuffed up nose.

We've all grown weary of the bulb suctioning and I'm thoroughly repulsed by the streams of grossness coming out of Keeley's nose 24/7. Couple that with Kayden not sleeping well and the grumpiness that comes from two sick babies and you have a very, very tired mom.

Sick babies is hard for everyone - the babies because they don't feel good, Mom because she is worn out from caring for the babies, Dad because Mom is worn out from her day, the dogs because they get even more ignored...it's rough.

Well, I gave in to my exhaustion last night. I took two tyleonol pms and went to bed at 7:45. Kelly (my wonderfully sweet husband) took care of Kayden's first feeding so I didn't have to get up until 3 to feed her - it was bliss. Even more wonderful, both the girls slept until 6:30. That means I got two good stretches of sleep last night (well exceeding the 2 hour stretches I've been getting for the last 2 weeks). Keeley and Kayden both seem to be feeling better this morning. The grossness that has been pouring out of their noses is gone at least. We'll see how the day progresses but I am certainly hopeful. That hope is made easier since I'm not so exhausted!

2 comments:

  1. Keeley must be feeling a little better if she had the strength to climb Kayden's crib:) Is this just wishful thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor babies! (And Mommy!) Hope everyone feels better really soon!

    ReplyDelete