Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ketchup

Keeley has gotten very into ketchup recently. This is an improvement since she was previously angered by its presence on her plate. Ketchup will be a useful tool in disguising other food and enticing her to eat a wider variety.

Kelly and I were eating hamburgers the other night and Keeley requested some ketchup. (I know you were going to be amazed if she wanted hamburger since she is a vegetarian!). I squirted some on her plate and this is how she ate it.

Swirl both hands around to get it on her fingers....

...then put both hands in her mouth at the same time.


After a few fingerfuls, she asked for more. I pointed out to her that she still had some on her plate. She gave me a very serious look and smeared the remaining ketchup all around the plate. She then looked at me as if to say "See, I don't have any" and asked for more again. I had to admire her creativity so I gave her a little more. The same thing happened except I didn't give her anymore. Today she once again tried to tell me she needed more when she didn't. AGAIN she smeared it all over her plate to prove that she needed more. Isn't she too little to be this tricky?!?

2 comments:

  1. She looks so big! Her hair looks so long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say the exact same thing your friend has already posted! Holy cow!

    ReplyDelete