Friday, November 28, 2008

Christmas Cookies

In an attempt to start some new holiday traditions, I thought it might be fun for the girls to bake and decorate cookies with Mom the day after Thanksgiving. I thought it would be fun to start now and, as the girls (and their attention spans) grew, it could take up more of the day and all Kelly and I to get some of the Christmas decorations up. That time is going to be a long way away apparently.

I bought some slice and bake cookies and had them ready to go when Mom got here. Keeley was all excited about the sprinkles - but only the sprinkles. Mom tried to ice one of Keeley's cookies to show her how to do it and Keeley got very upset and said "away" until Mom took the cookie away. Because she refused to ice them, most of her sprinkles fell off as soon as she picked the cookies up.She solved this problem by eating some of the sprinkles with a spoon.

Kayden got to have some fun too - she only had crumbs in her mouth. I didn't actually let her eat a cookie.

It was still fun!

2 comments:

  1. Why was she sprinkling already baked cookies? Should I not ask?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pics are too cute! That was one of my favorite traditions growing up.

    ReplyDelete