Sunday, December 4, 2011

Ice Skating Party

The girls started asking to go ice skating well over a year ago.  Because I was pregnant, I always said that I couldn't and that dad would have to take them. Honestly, this makes more sense anyway as I haven't been skating since we got married and Kelly plays ice hockey every week....Anyway, the "free skates" never worked our with our naps and sleep schedule so we just skipped it. 

This past weekend we were invited to a skating party that included a 30 minute lesson.  It was during Killian's nap time so Kelly had to go.  I thought it couldn't be more perfect - he didn't have to teach and he could skate with them since I don't really know what I'm doing.

Here they are all smiles and ready....

All the kids skating off the line.  All the kids except Kayden who apparently was terrified and started crying.  She is fearless but, I'm learning, only in situations where she thinks she understands and controls all the variables.  When confronted with a situation in which she is left with uncertainty (ie swimming or skating), she freezes up.   Kelly reported that Keeley took two steps and was then done as well.
They both came home and said they didn't like ice skating.  Kelly is probably breathing a sigh of relief :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment