Monday, December 5, 2011

Milestones

Oh I had forgotten how disruptive developmental milestones are to sleep.  Killian is waking up 2-3 times a night still.  I know he does not need to eat according to a lot of people.  However, he needs to eat according to me and I'm the mom so I win here.  Since he still only eats about 1-2 tablespoons of solids a day and refuses to nurse a lot during the day because he is too distracted, he is legitimately hungry at night.  Anyway, the whole reason I bring any of that up is that I know when his "scheduled" wake up times will be.  Last night I was awakened by frantic screaming and crying from his room which is not the normal "I'm hungry cry" and glanced at the clock to see an hour I was not expecting.  I hurried to his room since I knew it was something other than food he needed and when I got in there discovered him in an almost sitting position.  I'm not sure if he was mad because he couldn't get up to full sitting or mad because he couldn't get down to all the way flat or just freaked out by the whole thing!  But he was scared!!  Hopefully he'll start practicing this skill a little more during the day time!

1 comment: