Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Sick

A few weeks ago I commented to Kelly that we had been having a fairly healthy fall.  He looked at me like I was crazy.  I asked why he was looking at me like that and he reminded me that Kayden has gotten stitches twice, Keeley broke her leg and had a stomach bug for several days, Killian went to the ER for intestinal intussusception and has had an ear infection and two different bouts of stomach bugs - one needing IV fluids for re-hydration. All of that since labor day.  I conceded that perhaps that we haven't had the healthiest fall but what I was really thinking about was that we hadn't had all the sinus infections we normally get. 

I think we are headed there now.  Kayden woke up on Monday night in a complete panic because she could not breathe.  She had croup really bad and is now on three days of steriods.  I'm just hoping the stuff clears out of her nose before it turns into a sinus infection. I'd like to continue our "healthy" fall!  And, we have apparently learned that Kayden naps when she is sick.  She fell asleep in the car Monday afternoon....apparently sleep=sick for that sweet girl.

1 comment: