Thursday, March 8, 2012

Downtown Disney

After the crazy days we'd had with all the transportation and hurry to make our reservations, we decided to take a day and just relax.  Everyone slept until the woke up, we ate in our room, the girls took a long bubble bath, Killian was allowed to take a nap in the pack in play instead of strapped on to me.  Our plan was to head to Downtown Disney and then perhaps go to a park in the afternoon.  I even told Kelly we should just drive our car.  That plan was not acceptable to the girls, however, because "you don't drive your car in Disney World.  You take a bus."  So, bus it was.  We met Uncle Kendall and, fortunately, a bus pulled up just as we got to the bus stop.
Picture in our hotel lobby before we went to the bus.
All smiles so far.
Kayden thinking these water fountains are silly.
We were planning to let the girls spend their money from Grandad and buy some souvenirs.  In the ornament shop, I should have realized things were not going well because Kayden picked Jasmine for her ornament.  Nothing is wrong with Jasmine, Kayden just doesn't care about her at all.  I redirected her to a Minnie Mouse that was pink after Keeley chose a purple Minnie and then sent the girls on to the Lego store with the boys while I paid.
Posing before headed to Lego store.

When I met up with them at the Lego store, things were definitely spiraling out of control fast with Kayden so I decided lunch was needed.  Kayden got in the stroller and screamed at me the entire walk to the restaurant that she wanted a snack.  When we got there, she told me she wasn't going to eat anything since I had not given her a snack for the 3 minute walk to the restaurant.  Good times.  I sat down with a hungry baby and Kelly waited in line with Kayden.  Eventually we were all seated and Kayden did, in fact, eat.  Killian had exhausted all his snacks at this point and I couldn't nurse him but I hadn't eaten yet so I let him have some of the girls' jello side with the tiny fruit inside.  He loved it!

Red Jello EVERYWHERE!
Killian was pretty much done so I found a bathroom where I could nurse him (no baby care stations here) and he and I headed home.  The girls stayed and played for a while in the fountains.  They got SOAKED!!  Kelly had to buy a towel and was thankful that he had the extra clothes in the back pack!







Brother took a nap at the hotel while the girls played.  When they got back to the hotel they played with their new toys for a bit and then I took them swimming while Kelly did some packing and laundry.  We ate in the room and suffered through another massive Kayden meltdown just before the girls went down early.  Kelly did some more packing because I was feeling sick and then we went to bed too, ready to tackle our final day!

No comments:

Post a Comment