Thursday, March 22, 2012

Oatmeal Exploration

A week of sick kids and Daddy heading out of town for two days left me to get a bit creative thinking of some things for the kids to do.  I felt bad that the kids were sick but they were just sick enough not to go out.  They were well enough to pester each other and we needed a distraction that was relatively calm.  I made this little tub of oatmeal, stale cheerios, and some stacking blocks and let the kids play when they woke up.  Brother and Kayden were up first.



 
He realized I had the camera and had to pause for a smile.  He really enjoyed the activity, though, because usually he is all over trying to get the camera once he sees it!
 
Kayden needed to taste the oatmeal.
She decided she preferred it cooked!
I had dyed pasta to use later for art and Kayden thought we should add some to the tub.
Killian liked to see how it fell to the ground.
 
Kayden decided we needed to add straws.  She then asked for water and I wasn't ready for that mess so I told her after brother went down for his nap.  I was happy she didn't remember!
Keeley woke up and wanted to play.
Kayden grinding oatmeal.
Then Keeley...
Then brother!

At this point the girls were done and wandered off together.  Killian was just getting started!!
First thing he did was to climb into the tub.
And then he had to practice climbing in and out.  I love how he still sticks his tongue out when he is working on something.
We made a bit of a mess.  Nothing that my little helper and the vacuum couldn't clean up though!  Killian played for about 30 minutes with this. I think that is an eternity in baby time!

No comments:

Post a Comment