Friday, March 9, 2012

Final Day in Magic Kingdom

For our final day in Disney World we decided to head to Magic Kingdom.  The girls really wanted to ride Splash Mountain again and meet Tinkerbelle (I thought she was in Epcot but she was not).  We started the day off on a rocky start because Kayden was awake with me from 3-5:30.  She has a tough time sleeping under the best of circumstances but traveling makes it so much harder.  At 4, brother woke up to eat and then wouldn't settle back down so I had to get Kelly to help with him.  The whole family being awake woke up Keeley.  Eventually everyone got back to sleep and we slept until about 7.  The night before Kelly had packed up everything we would not need in the morning.  We ate breakfast, got changed, called the bell hop to get our luggage and hold it until we were done with the parks and hurried out.  

When we met Kendall and Angie at the boat dock, the line was really long for the boat to Magic Kingdom so we hopped on the boat headed to the Contemporary with plans to walk over to Magic Kingdom.  This worked out perfectly, except we missed the opening again.  Oh well.  We'll get it next year!  We arrived early enough, however, to get a picture taken out front of Magic Kingdom and rent park strollers (ours had to be turned in by 11) and get in line for Tinker belle.  The line was short so Killian and Dad could explore in the covered area and we sent Kendall and Angie with all our tickets to get fast passes for Splash Mountain.  I got a text from Kendall that the line was short so they had gotten our passes and were going to ride while we waited to meet Tinker belle. A few minutes later I received another text that the ride broke while they were  on it.  This was the 4th or 5th ride that had broken on us while we were on it, but this is the first time that the ride was really broken.  They actually had to hook the boats, bring them to the sides of the ride, and have all the passengers exit through the back lot area.  That is really broken!

While we waited for Tinker Bell, the girls watch a Fairy movie they had playing in the line.  As we approached the room where we would meet Tinker Bell, there was a cast member explaining how we would pass under the leaves and "shrink" to meet Tinker Bell.
Keeley was concerned about this shrinking.  She was worried it would hurt.  After the fact, both girls were confused why they were still smaller than Tinker Bell and Tinker Bell was more grown up sized...
Waiting to meet Tinker Bell and Terrance.  I bet most of you didn't know that Tinker Bell had a friend named Terrance..
We met up with Kendall and Angie after our photos and were able to ride Aladdin's Carpets, see the show in the Tiki Room, and ride Splash Mountain.  This time the girls insisted on the ponchos.
Kelly took a picture of us riding.  I am not as big a fan of Splash Mountain as my girls!
Killian checking things out while he waited for us to finish Splash Mountain.
I think this is my favorite thing about this stage.  He does this all the time!!
Finding more things to put in his mouth I'm sure.
After Splash Mountain we said good bye to Kendall and Angie and we ate lunch.  My original plan was to leave by then, but we were having so much fun and wanted to give the girls a chance to do their last favorite thing.  They chose the Tea Cups - with me.  I do not spin nearly as fast as my brother and Kelly.  I thought I was nauseous on them last year because I was pregnant.  Turns out I just can't do them anymore!!
On the Tea Cups with me
  
 
After the Tea Cups Keeley wanted a ride since Kayden had gotten to ride in the wrap before.
 
We then made our way out of the park with a stop at the Dreams Come True Show and one for some ice cream.
Carrying the girls to see the show better.
Super Dad!  That is 80lbs of girls he's carrying...
 It was a fabulous last day in the parks!  


No comments:

Post a Comment