Thursday, March 1, 2012

Life with our almost 10 month old

Somehow we just catapulted straight to "toddler" and completely out of baby.  Killian is now in 12 month pjs which makes me a little sad because they have those little traction things on the bottom.  That is totally appropriate because he is cruising all over, but still signifies that he is full on toddler now.  He is becoming more and more determined to get what he wants and if he doesn't get it, he gets angry!  He also acts like he is incapable of moving.  The pediatrician mentioned that "temper tantrums" can start about now and I certainly believe it.  He will make and angry face, cry, and throw his arms around.  The funniest to me is at night time after Kelly puts his pjs on him.  Kelly will give him a hug and put him on the ground.  I will be sitting in the chair read to nurse him.  Instead of crawling to me, he will make his ugly face and flail around.
This is some of the ways he kept me on my toes today:
* climbed on step stool with Keeley while she was trying to brush her teeth
* unrolled all the toilet paper in the girls' bathroom while they were fixing their hair for school
* crawled lightening fast to the dog bowls and water 4 times while I was trying to get dressed which resulted in two clothing changes from being soaked in water and two finger swoops to clean his mouth of dog food
* I left the pantry open while I was making Kayden a sandwich and he got into the pantry and into the basket of snacks.  He opened a bag of "santa fe salsa" sunflower seed snacks and shoved three in his mouth.  I looked over at him and he looked like he was about to cry because of the spice so I went and fished them out of his mouth which resulted in massive tears.
* While I was taking the trash out he crawled from living room, through kitchen and utility room, into garage and was playing with the pooper scooper before I got back from around the corner of the house.  He is SO fast.  It seriously takes less than a minute to walk out there!
* He opened the cabinet where I keep all the paper and plastic goods and scattered them all over the floor while I was setting the table for a snack with the girls.
* We "lost him" for a little bit while I was looking at the girls' work with them.  After a panicked search of the house I found him sitting in my bathroom eating cheerios out of his snack trap.

All of that is just today!!!!  Also today he learned how to stand totally unassisted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment