Monday, March 26, 2012

Teeth and shoes

This morning we could not find one of Keeley's school shoes anywhere. We searched every where I could think to look and kept coming up empty handed.  She has to wear them to school and I was getting stressed about the time because if we are late to school, it pushes Killian's nap back, which messes up our afternoon, which alters our bedtime routine, etc....

The more we looked and couldn't find it the more confused I became because 1. our house simply is not that big 2. we'd just had a party here so we had cleaned up considerably and minimized the "stuff" everywhere and 3. the girls are so good about always putting their school shoes in the basket in the laundry room. 

I finally decided that I could look faster if I didn't have Killian on my hip so I set him down in Keeley's room with her.  Not one minute later I heard the cry.  The one you know is a true injury - not just injured pride or a little bump.  I ran back to Keeley's room to find him on the floor with blood all over his face and several big drops of blood on the step stool.  Keeley said he fell off.  I have no idea how he managed to hit his face in the process.  I went straight to the kitchen for a rag to get cold and wet for him and then had Keeley start cleaning up the blood in her room.    Carrying Killian sucking on a rag, I continued to look for the shoe.  I finally found it in the drawer under the washing machine.  I guess he put it in there at some point, little rascal.

Once Killian had calmed down, I was able to look in his mouth and see that he had torn the frenum and also had a big cut above his front tooth.  The teeth didn't seem mobile, his lip wasn't swollen, and I saw no other source of injury.  While Keeley got her shoes on and the girls got in the car, I called the dentist to see if I needed to come in.  They said because of the gum injury I did.  I was able to get in at 10:30.  Everything was fine (thankfully!).  At the dentist I was able to see that his left bottom tooth is now all the way through - making for 7 teeth in his toothy grin!

No comments:

Post a Comment